Kodi 17 features a huge amount of work in areas like video playback, live TV and PVR/DVR, the music library, skinning and more. It features a new default skin, as well as a new default touchscreen skinned, named Estuary and Estouchy, respectively. With all this work done over the months some bugs might slip through and were hoping to quickly squash the coming beta releases.
Fixes done in this Beta 2:
• Any game controller was non function due to recent refactoring. This has now been fixed with the added bonus of deadzone settings for joypads.
• PVR section got a variety of fixed ranging from usability to possible crashing
• Fix possible issue if internet stream used a redirect
• Fix “could not connect to repository” popup
• No longer handle data migrations from pre-Kodi v14 versions.
• Add fallback path to Kodi settings if the skin you use hasn’t received an update yet
• Several fixes done to passthrough audio handling
• Fix possible crash on loading context menu add-ons
• Add Android Nougat new passthrough audio API which special thanks to Google developers for adding this.
• De-interlacing setting underwent some changes recently and some problems came to light.
• Skin and add-on updating doesn’t check for dependencies if they are not in a repository. From now on on any upgrade Kodi we will go through all available updates and install them before starting Kodi.
• Fix DPI unawareness on Windows where it would start in the zoomed in if it wasn’t set to 100% Thanks to Microsoft for giving us the correct way of solving it.
Known problem are:
• No PVR add-ons packed on Android. Should hopefully get fixed in next update
• Some controllers problems if controllers get’s disconnected when Kodi is running